Tech News and Views
I don't know how many of you have encountered the Windows S Mode, but I find it to be a real pain in the posterior. It comes on the Microsoft Surface and the HP Stream and many other systems. Users are forced to use the Edge browser, Bing and a lot of other proprietary programs.
Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, has locked down Windows so that only apps from the Windows store will run on machines that come with the Windows S Mode installed. Sounds like Apple, doesn't it?
I tried installing Chrome, LibreOffice and even a new HP printer driver without success.
Users can have their S Mode computers converted to regular Windows Home, by signing in with a Microsoft account, but once the conversion is made, they can never go back. Frankly, I don't know why you would want to go back.
I guess it's time to switch to a Linux operating system.

No comments:
Post a Comment