I recently created a 58 slide LibreOffice Impress presentation. Impress is similar to Microsoft's PowerPoint, but unfortunately does not incorporate a good way to incorporate sound clips with slides.
I wanted to use a mike to narrate sound for the Impress presentation and therefore experimented with several methods to accomplish the goal. Here's the best method I found:
Add sound to LibreOffice Impress Presentation
- Open the Impress presentation and Audacity (side by side)
- Click Record in Audacity and record the sound for the first slide. Click Stop to stop recording.
- Click File Export. And OK. Give file a name or number (such as slide 1) and save as WAV file.
- When Edit Metadata slide appears, just click OK.
- Go to LibreOffice and click View. Select Slide Transition
- Choose None for transition
- Click down arrow by word Sound
- Click Other Sound
- Click the number of the saved sound file that matches the slide
- Click Open
- Click Slideshow and slide to preview recording
- Click X to delete audio track from Audacity, so you can record sound for next slide.
- Repeat process for remaining slides.

No comments:
Post a Comment